CALL FOR PAPERS
Technology for Second Language Learning (TSLL)
7th Annual Conference
The inaugural conference of
Pronunciation in Second Language Learning and Teaching
September 17-19, 2009
Technology for Oral Communication
This year, the seventh annual Technology for Second Language Learning Conference will be held in conjunction with the inaugural conference of Pronunciation in Second Language Learning and Teaching. The conference will explore how the teaching of speaking and listening can be facilitated through the use of technology and important issues raised by trying to promote spoken interaction using technology. We welcome papers and poster presentations addressing any aspect of technology including the following issues:
- How can technology be used to promote spoken interaction?
- How can new technologies best be blended with printed materials to draw on their complementary strengths?
- How can the use of spoken corpora improve materials design and classroom teaching?
- How can listening materials be made interactive using computer technology?
- How can technology be used to assess listening and speaking skills?
- How can multimedia technology enhance listening comprehension?
- How can technology be used to supplement spoken language instruction for varied student populations from young learners to teens to adults to specific purposes students?
- In what ways do teacher education programs need to change to help promote the use of technology for teaching oral communication?
Please submit a 250-word abstract to Ivon Katz (firstname.lastname@example.org) by May 1, 2009.* if you wish to present a paper or a poster at the conference. Acceptances will be sent out by May 15. Please specify whether you would like your abstract to be considered as a paper or a poster.
*The deadline for the submissions has been extended to May 10, 2009.
For further information about the conferences, contact John M. Levis (email@example.com) or visit the TSLL 2009 homepage.
Information about previous TSLL conferences can be found at http://apling.public.iastate.edu/TSLL/.